slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Turns out...

Well it turns out that I can run with a hangover! Not a huge one admittedly ( have discovered that if I drink beer - rather than champagne - that I don't get as drunk because I can't drink as much or anywhere near as fast), it was probably about a 3/10.

I managed to do the full two loops of Centennial Park, and in the end I cut 2 minutes and 25 seconds off my best time so far!! Which makes it 7.4km in 53mins20s. I know it is still very slow but I'm pretty happy with that as I didn't even think I would finish the first lap of the park.

3 Comments:

At 1:47 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

That's great Ellie, you'll improve quite quickly if you are training consistently.

Did it cure the hangover?

 
At 5:26 pm, Blogger Aki said...

I always call these runs 'party payback runs' and sometimes they've been quite challenging. In better form you'll make big dents in that time. :)

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Well done on that little achievement ;-) (the running-with-a-hangover!). Also congrats on your PB too - keep it up and you'll be flying soon. Then you'll have to change the name of your blog to 'speedy-and-enthusiastic'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home