slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

yeah

i need to chill out - you are all right!

anyway today was bootcamp - but i am counting it as a run because we ran (at faster than my usual pace!) from the Opera house through the rocks to the Harbour Bridge (including some stairs on the way!) and over the bridge, down past Luna Park, around a park and up and down this HUUUGE set of stairs a couple of times. Then back and back across the Bridge finishing in the Rocks. That took about an hour and going faster than usual for me! Our instructor thought it would be about 8km so I am going to call it that even if it wasn't quite that far!!

phew.

i really enjoyed my special K and my decaf coffee is going down very nicely (my imagination is very efficient at pretending that it is really coffee...)

I am going to have a(nother) rest day tomorrow because we have the fitness test for bootcamp on Thursday. The relevant bit of this is a 2km time trial which I really really really want to improve my time from 6 weeks ago. I think I should because I have really upped the activity levels. Fingers crossed. I will report back.

4 Comments:

At 8:49 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Good luck for a PB in the 2k. Although it's short, try and run at an even pace. Don't go too fast too early.

 
At 10:48 am, Blogger Tesso said...

That bootcamp run does seem like a big run Ellie, well done! And not easy either, lots of hills.

Good luck with the TT tomorrow. Ewen is right, try to run an even pace. But if you can in the last hundred meters or so grit the teeth, put the foot down and go for it!


PS Reading your blog takes me back to when I could stay out partying until the wee hours - ah, the good old days :-)

 
At 11:34 am, Blogger Aki said...

Ellie, the late nights will impact on your running for sure, they do with me. I have found lately that it doesn't matter how much faster you go, you still seem to feel that you're slow, and do the whole self-defeat thing. I got it at the end of what was originally a good run last night.

What you need to do is focus on each section and not think about how long you have to go, if you do, immediately tell yourself something like 'well at least it's not twice as long.'

Bootcamp looks hideous, Hannah used to do that.

 
At 8:09 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Good running ellie! 8km is a huge effort! It is always easier to push yourself a bit with others. Good luck on your 2km TT... Ewan is right take the first km a little bit more relaxed and then pick up your pace in the 2nd km with a big effort at the end!

Most importantly enjoy it and don't worry if it is not a PB... it is all about having fun! Run Happy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home