slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, February 19, 2006

thanks everyone

for your lovely comments on my last post. I think that I am just very impatient...

Lulu - you are right. I will aim for the Mothers Day 8km race. (hehe I was going to ask when it is, but then I woke up...). that gives me a few months to build my base up and work on my speed. I would love to go for a run with you around the park one day soon!

And everyone is right - no point worrying about how fast or slow I am because that isn't going to make me any faster. I will just keep plugging away and try to drink less. :)

Speaking of which I have had a reasonable few days:

- Thursday - bootcamp. I am definitely improving and find my recover a lot better. I consider these my "speed" sessions at the moment because there is lots of stair work and hill sprints etc. Then I flew to Melbourne for our conference. At the last conference I had a huuuuge night on the Thursday and was incredibly ill the next day. This time I was so tired I went to bed at 10 which means that on:

- Friday - in Melbourne - I got up super early (5am) intending to go for a run around the Albert Park lake. However, when I got out of the hotel (best hotel ever incidently - The Prince in St Kilda) it was pitch black and there were still people who were out from the night before/ sleeping on the footpath. So rather than going to the lak I just ran down the beach and back. Altogether I ran for 60 minutes and could have kept going but didn't think it was the best plan when I am building up.

Friday night I ended up going out with people from work straight from the plane. We went to Manly and I got home at 6am. Oh dear. I felt very bad. Slept till about 12.30 but it was bad news and I knew that I shouldn't have. ugh. i even drank shooters which i don't do - and when someone buys you one it is hard to say no thanks. and i fell over at some point and have a scrape down my ankle. another learning experience. ??? But yesterday I went out for dinner and got home for an early night so:

- Sunday - got up around 8am, went into Centennial Park for a run. I had intended to see whether I could do 3 laps but I really struggled the whole way. I did 2 laps in 55.45 (back to my old time!!!) and then just kept going to round it out to 60 mins. Probably about 8km total. Which is fine but I don't like how it was slower and harder than before.

But i;m not going to overanalyse it just yet (yeah right I hear you say!). Will see how I feel tomorrow morning and whether I go out again!

Also - I have noticed that I am sweating more than I ever have. How weird is that? could be the sydney humidity.

E

5 Comments:

At 4:33 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I wouldn't worry about your run today. Two things to consider; your late night on Friday night is probably still in your system and also it was extremely hot and humid this morning. I came back absolutely drenched in sweat and Mr lulu said he felt like giving up after 40 mins. You'll be surprised how much that makes a difference.

Also you have good days, like you did the other day, and then not so good days.. as Don Juan would say "that's running"

 
At 9:29 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Your doing OK Ellie. Don't dwell too much on the time. Leave that watch in the drawer every now and then and just go for a run.

 
At 12:26 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Just run and enjoy it! Gronk is right leave the watch at home and then as you feel more confident you can worry about time. Consistacy is the key... once your in a pattern the rest will follow. I am with you the humidity is awful!

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger Harvie said...

It was a muggy old day yesterday, don't beat yourself up over it.

You'll have good running days and you'll have bad running days, just put it down to being a bad running day.

Listen to your body, and best of all just enjoy running - the speed will come eventually.

HK

 
At 1:52 am, Blogger R2B said...

I tend to echo all of the above.
Especially just have fun and don't take it too seriously ok?
Cheers R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home