slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

back to work...

After having an annual leave day yesterday I am back at work today and also back to bootcamp for series 2. Well that was the plan. I got to work and couldn't get up to my floor in the lift for some reason. Which was a problem cause I needed to dump my bag. In the end I decided to just go to the gym and skip bootcamp. I did 60 mins on the cross trainer which was pretty good I think.

On the injury front my knees recovered fine and my quads were a little achey (not surprisingly!!). The pain thta i had in my quad muscle is still there a bit but seems to be improving and doesn't effect running or walking which is good.

However, I have a new mystery injury. On the top of my left foot about an inch down from my big toe joint it hurts when I put pressue on it (ie like a shoe!!!). I am not sure if it is because of my running shoes or something else but it is getting quite painful and doesn't seem to be improving (even with the week I had off last week). It only hurts in running shoes but maybe it is caused by wearing thongs too much?? hehe. I am going to get some new shoes so will raise it there, otherwise might head back to the podiatrist. i was thwarted in the shoe buying endeavour yesterday because I was going to the shop on Clovelly Rd but it is shut mondays! i have thursday off too so i'll be there then.

In other news I am about to accept the job offer I got on friday night - so excited. unfortunately I can't resign today because the boss is away... bugger!

2 Comments:

At 7:32 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Hope the guys at the running shop can sort out all your problems by putting you in the correct shoes. Sometimes its something as simple as that.

Belated Happy Birthday wishes. Soooooo, how was it? Get any good pressies :-)

 
At 9:21 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Congrats on your birthday (posted on CR) Tesso's right about the new shoes (or orthotics for that matter but i almost threw mine away today i think im past them!)

Also congrats on the new job!

Remember the 10% rule ok!

Cheers R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home