slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

And while I spend these hours, 5 senses reeling, I laugh about the weatherman's satellite eyes

I've run out of interesting titles so jumping on the lyric bandwagon. But just this once :) The darn song is in my head and won't come out.

Anyway - I have successfully regained a little perspective after yesterday. Lots of things were getting to me and I just needed to chill the f*ck out. And I got some very good advice from a very good friend about some of my training and some of my 'other' habits... :)

so the plan for the next month to get me across the line at Cronulla is to focus mostly on aerobic training, not too much speed work. I am also going to (try to) use the bike as my primary aerobic training activity with some running and of course some swimming. Surf swimming in particular.

So with that in mind this morning was a no-sweat day and I did a brick session. 60 mins on the indoor trainer while watching some Little Britain in advance of the show that I am going to tonight, and then 30 min run from home out around the inside loop of Centennial Park. Noice. I feel good! A little tired, but good!

let's hope the work gods pick up on the good mood and respond accordingly!

4 Comments:

At 11:09 am, Blogger miners said...

good to see you getting into the quotes for blog titles ;)

Hey, the plan for Cronulla is sound. No more speed now - it won't help you too much from here on in. Get some long slow stuff happening and leave the short stuff for the final week or so when you need to freshen and fire up :)

 
At 3:56 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Yes, make the quotes longer and they'll cover up Miners' comment completely ;)

Aerobic sounds good. All the best with the 'other' habits Ellie.

 
At 4:52 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

"other habits" ...hehehe. I'm sure you'll get them all under control.

 
At 5:41 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear you have your perspective back - bit clumsy of you really to have lost it in the first place ;-)

Good plan Elle :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home