slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

sweat machine

all my life i have never really been much of a sweater. this has changed at some point during the year and now i sweat buckets! I did a spin class at lunch and it was great and i really enjoyed it but man did i get up a sweat. nice red cheeks too.

not my best look... although possibly better than the yellow unitard i had to wear for a school play in year 9. that was horrendous-er.

anyway - it is part of my penance for not going to sweat this morning. the other bit is a swim after work today.

the good thing about spin classes is that i can work my legs a lot harder than on my real bike cause i don't have to worry about falling off and can drink at will :)

much less stressful...

EDIT - after work hit the pool - 1.3k - used pull buoy for 200m at 1000 and 1200 just to remind my body where it should be in the water (ie not sinking...)

have decided to just increase by 100m each session. i could do 2k without too much of a struggle but i think it is good for me to increase it systematically for a while for a few reasons. firstly i think psychologically if i build up slow it won't seem like such a drudge and i will be more likely not to ditch it, its good to have a target each time (not just 'whatever i feel' and probably i will keep my form better if i do it gradually... that is the theory anyway!!!

5 Comments:

At 2:15 pm, Blogger Jodi said...

I've become a sweat machine this year too! Nasty, I tell ya!

Jodi

 
At 3:45 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Which cheeks?

;-)

 
At 4:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

time to put the trek on a hometrainer once a week and enjoy :)

 
At 7:34 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Swim 2km ? Wow that's awesome. Love to be able to do that.

 
At 7:53 pm, Blogger Kate said...

I sweat in spin class.. This morning I thought I was sweating like a pig until I saw the pools of sweat around the other bikes. Just a wee piglet.

And good work being able to swim 2k- it took me ages before that seemed normal/easy! I think your plan sounds good- it'll be much better for developing technique, as well as speed. I have found the pool's suggested workouts really fun to keep me from getting bored (and easier than hunting down and laminating my own plan.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home