slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, November 11, 2006

yeah... but no... but yeah...

well i have managed to get tickets to the 4th Sydney Little Britain show (hurray!) but it also describes today's run.

10k in 1.02.56 - avg pace 6.17m/km.

looks good on paper - but that doesn't tell the whole story. At about 4k I felt a similar dizzy light headed might fall over sensation and starting cursing - and walking... walked for a about 5mins to get to a water fountain but one didn't come so i started running. 700m running and i found a water fountain. another k and i stopped to talk to the bondifit coach. then, hoping all would be well i started running again and did another 4.3k averaging 6.12's.

So other than the dizziness and the stops i was actually going a lot faster than I would have thought given that i didn't ever get to a puffed or breathless. all up the run was good...but bad... but good.

and a really weird thing happened where i am sunburned. The burnt bits that are under my sports bra have come up in what I presume are little sweat blisters. i guess the skin can't sweat normally through the burt skin or something. eek!!!! the racer back on my back is the worst!!! doesn't hurt at all but it is kind of freaky!

6 Comments:

At 9:24 am, Blogger Jodi said...

Great run, considering all the stops!

My favorite sunburn is the spot on my back that is just above my tri-shorts, but just below my tri-top... Who knew the top was just that much too short???

Jodi

ps. Wear your sunscreen! That is said from the side of me that works in a dermatology clinic :)

 
At 11:01 am, Blogger 2P said...

I still struggling with how you got burnt under your bra?

On serious note - they may be direct result of the suburn and not sweat blisters at all - wouldn't hurt to get em checked out by a quack - burns and infection go together like pies n sauce.

You get runs like that - sort of, kinda, well maybe ;-)

Onya Ellie for perservering mate.

 
At 2:04 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Maybe its a bit of chafing? Do you use Bodyglide or Sports Shield?

And I'm with Jodi on the sunscreen. I even cover myself in it before Pat's, and we are finished and out of the sun by 7am.

 
At 8:55 pm, Blogger miners said...

garmin says no

 
At 9:48 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

That midnight sun is terrible up in Queensland.

Is your blood pressure OK?

 
At 10:12 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Hehe (just read 2P's post).

Did you eat/drink before the session?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home