slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, November 02, 2006

the iron journals part VI

didn't train today, but i am fairly sure that I do feel better today. Was in bed by nine and didn't get up until 6.30 so I am getting a lot of sleep. When I was laying in bed as I woke up I definitely felt better, but then I actually got up :)

still feel a bit light headed and weird and was glad for a seat on the bus but I think its getting better.

still feeling quite anxious about the lack of training. Its been so much part of my life that its almost like a withdrawal. I still worry a little bit - what if I never get back into it properly again? what if i've just lost it? i don't think I really believe that but it is good to say it out loud. what a whinger hey??? still if you can't wallow in a bit of self pity in your own blog then where can you?? :) i know i've got it pretty good really. My friend at work who ran the Sydney marathon looks like she has a stress fracture on her lower leg. Only an x-ray so far but it is a shadow on the bone and the doctor is pretty sure. On the plus side she hasn't been able to run since the marathon so hopefully it won't take too long to heal now.

anyways i've decided i'll be right for the weekend so all my karmic energy is focussing on healthy healing vibes :) i'm sick of people telling me how pale I look!

9 Comments:

At 9:24 am, Blogger miners said...

thought you were looking a little peaky ;)

keep taking it easy Miss E. no point in starting any training if it'll only send you backwards!

 
At 9:25 am, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Wallow away. But don't be too long about it. I'm looking forward to reading about your roads to recovery.

 
At 10:23 am, Blogger 2P said...

Anxiety is a good sign - it means you still care ;-)

 
At 10:30 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Yep, you'll soon be back into it don't worry. As the wise Miners says there is no point in training if you're not up to it because it will only make things worse and you won't get any benefit from it anyway.

A couple of weeks off will not send you backwards and you've probably been suffering a bit for a few weeks and so you'll be surprised how much better you feel when you do start back.

 
At 11:01 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Hey, you've had a great year. A little running holiday is obviously the reward !

 
At 10:26 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

I've seen more wallowy blogs than yours Ellie.

You'll get back to, and exceed, where you were before - don't worry about it.

Look after yourself.

 
At 11:30 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

This might seem a bit weird, but know that this time will pass, and so give yourself the freedom to enjoy the break from the early mornings and the little niggles and stuff like that. The running (and swimming and riding [sniff]) will be back soon enough. Enjoy the moment, girl :-)

Gnome

 
At 7:40 am, Blogger R2B said...

At least you get to relax on the bright side!

Take care of yourself and don't overtrain.

Cheers R2B

 
At 6:14 am, Blogger Kate said...

Ellie,

After my first season of endurance running, my iron plummeted for the first time ever. I was pretty gutted, and I was scared that I'd never get back into it, but no-one who takes this sort of thing as seriously as you do (as we all do) will ever really lose that motivation! So don't worry- it's awful facing the first bunch of really shitty challenges, but you'll come through, and you'll have learnt plenty of lessons that will stay with you for the next 50 seasons. I try to always remind myself that I have FOREVER to achieve my goals!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home