slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, November 05, 2006

yahoo!

a good run! not just an ok one - an honest to god good run. of course everything is relative... but i feel great!

Met with lulu, mr lulu, beki, the owl and caro this morning for a jaunt over on the west side (aiii). we started at drummoyne, headed up and over the anzac bridge, through pyrmont, annandale, back of glebe i think and down the canal to the bay again. despite the dreary day it was probably good weather for running. didn't even get rained on (much).

I was scheduled for 2 hours but was planning to see how I went, keep it slow and do as much as I could up to 90 mins. so we took off and I felt great, 1km ticked over, still good, up a hill, still good... i was almost holding my breath waiting to start feeling exhausted and heavy ...but I didn't! The legs wearied towards the end but I could have kept going. At some points I felt ...bouncy... it was quite surreal. I know we kept the pace nice and comfortable (avg pace 6.54) but i didn't struggle - at all. I suspect I was annoying everyone when I would tell them (in a low awestruck voice) 'i feel really good today'... poor lorna had an awful stitch but she still managed to tell me how glad she was that I was feeling ok. love your guts owly :)

I stopped at 94ish minutes, 13.4ish k with a big smile (and I'm told a bit more colour in my face!). a fabulous breakfast of thick wholemeal toast, avocado, mushrooms and scrambled eggs really topped it off (not to mention the company of course - Mr Lulu and his b*tches as he referred to us...)

Great morning!!!!!!!

Makes me realise that I have probably been struggling for longer than I realised and just thought it was lack of fitness. i know its partly that but maybe that wasn't the whole story after all. love my little red pills :)

7 Comments:

At 3:06 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Wow - big difference between your garmin and my pod! I think I'll take my pod reading - it was overcast and the garmins are notorious for losing the signal on an overcast day ;-)

Good to see you again - I was quizzing Lulu about your long runs and saying that I might join you on your Sundays while BB is at golf.....

 
At 4:18 pm, Blogger Kate said...

That's excellent- and good on you for stopping at 94 and still feeling good!

 
At 5:16 pm, Blogger Bernie G said...

Sound like a great run, and it's great to see your energy levels are on the rise.

 
At 6:29 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Yay, she's back. I'm sure you'll really see your running pick up again now you're on the pills. Keep taking the tablets dear!

 
At 2:43 am, Blogger 2P said...

Told ya it would only take a few days for you to come good ;-)

Nice work Ellie.

 
At 7:10 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Great to hear you are back in action Ellie. Sounds like you girls had a ball out there. Isn't it good to be a runner :-)

 
At 9:26 am, Blogger Simlin said...

Running in packs now!
Great to hear that you are back ontop of the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home