slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, November 10, 2006

magic

i write it down then i do it. easy.

hit the park around 10 to 6 this morning after mucking around pumping up my tyres (never done that before) and realising i don't know what pressure to make it and then realising its written on the tyre... derr...

did 2 flat laps, hill lap, flat lap, hill lap, flat lap, flat lap. all up about 23.3k in 59.40. Still slow but average the same pace i was but with some hills.

walked in to work too - about 5k i think.
i struggle on hills. really bad. need to learn how to get up out of my seat. still too scared to indicate, drink or touch the garmin because of my death grip on handlebars... was much easier on the flat today though which is good.


might update later - i forgot everything this morning.

8 Comments:

At 9:19 am, Blogger Kate said...

Like the new look- and sounds like a good ride. I really have to get on the bike more!

 
At 9:36 am, Blogger Simlin said...

Soon you will be flying along, no hands!
Tip: Not a good idea after a big night (and potentially a DUI charge waiting to happen)

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger Jodi said...

Great job sticking to the plan!

I second simlin's advice about the big night. I've done that too many times! When I was down under my roommate and I would hit the bars on 1 bike. I would take the seat and he would pedal. Made for a very interesting trip home!

Jodi

 
At 10:42 am, Blogger miners said...

good girl - now I don't have to come through with my promised punishment.

icky pink

 
At 12:41 pm, Blogger 2P said...

You can be captain of the white knuckle racing team ;-)

Good on you for sticking with the plan Ellie.

 
At 8:45 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Miners would tell you Ellie that 'real cyclists' write down workouts in kilometres per hour ;) So, about 23.4kph.

Good tip about not touching the Garmin while cycling!

I like the new colours - dark text on a light background is easier to read.

 
At 6:38 am, Blogger CJ said...

I'm like you - have a program and I'll do it. leave it up to how I'll feel and nothing gets done.

Trust me, you'll get comfy riding the bike and the death grip will reduce eventually! its just confidence!

 
At 6:10 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I'm just teaching MicroTA how to drive, and I realised the other day how much we take the ease of driving for granted. The first while at anything is never easy. Don't worry, the white knuckles will return to pink before too long :-)

Gnome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home