slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, November 04, 2006

testing the waters...

i think i'm feeling a bit better but to be honest i really can't tell anymore. i'm not jumping out of my skin with energy.

however, I was going a bit stir crazy and mental about missing the relaxing, energising, relieving nature of going for a run and was getting quite wound up so I decided it was time to get stuck back into it. I decided that I would only do 4k (home and around the inside of the park) and would not worry about my pace or what the watch said. I wouldn't go any faster than extremely relaxed. So that I did. Kept my perceived exertion low and never really breathed hard at all which is nice. Deliberately didn't go up any hills or go faster cause i knew that if i started huffing and puffing i would psych myself out :)

ended up with 4k in 26.36 which is 6.38 pace. very happy with that and was tempted to keep going but stopped as per the plan.

i feel loads better now :)

5 Comments:

At 3:30 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

That's a very good sign indeed!

 
At 9:05 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Nice to see you are still getting out there and running.

 
At 9:47 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Ellie. Smart move, easing back into things.

 
At 9:58 am, Blogger David Criniti said...

Just remember dude, taking it easy when things aren't going to plan is your best option.

Way better than trying too hard to push through it, and getting sick.

...and way better than just doing nothing.

Seems like you're on a good path.

 
At 11:14 am, Blogger Ewen said...

Great news Ellie. Keep going with the easy stuff and the fitness will come back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home