slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sweat-in' up a storm

i walked home after work yesterday and felt absolutely hideous. i just wanted to go home and sleep. nearly had to sit down because i was going to fall over.

but i made it and once i was at home and sitting down i felt better. went to bed around 8 - 8.30 and again had an interupted sleep but today I feel a million times better. i still have all the cold-y stuff going on but without the headache-y pressure in my head!

so i got up and went to Sweat training - but wasn't too optimistic about how i'd go. warm up 3k including drills etc, then I had 10 x 300's which were dropped to 8 x 300's because I am doing the JP Morgan Corporate run thing tomorrow night. I was definitely off my fastest and was being a little cautious but was actually pretty happy with how i went - 1.26, 1.25, 1.23, 1.22, 1.22, 1.27, 1.20, 1.20. The 1k cooldown for 6.59k all up. Then a nice walk into work in the beautiful sunshine!

i noticed when i was running home from training today that the hill on the way home seemed like a hill - but not like the monumental challenge it had felt like for a few months - so that could be the iron starting to kick in. or else i just didn't push so hard this session :)

noice.

8 Comments:

At 9:45 am, Blogger Jodi said...

Wow, you are going to have to change your blogger name! Great workout!

:)

Jodi

 
At 9:51 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Won't be long before you don't even notice the hill on the way home! Hope the cold clears up soon.

 
At 10:39 am, Blogger miners said...

how good does it feel to have the headachey stuff go away!?! Glad it's let you get back into the training you were missing so much.

nice efforts with the reps, particularly the last couple :)

 
At 12:36 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice splits Ellie but you are going to have to start looking over your shoulder more - lulu is catching up :-)

 
At 5:45 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hope you feel better soon Ellie

Sorry I missed you guys this morning, I had a late one at the U2 concert and funnily enough I got my test results back and I have sooper low iron too! So my feeling crap was legit - how long did it take for the pills to make a noticable diff to your energy? I'm hoping it'll be soon because I'm a bit over feeling crappy - although at least I know it's not just me being a big sook now lol ;-)

 
At 7:21 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Good work there Ellie, especially those last two reps.

I reckon why you felt so good on that hill is not due to the tablets or because you didn't push hard in the session (you did!), its because you are getting fitter and stronger.

 
At 8:20 pm, Blogger Kate said...

I agree with Jodi- that's speedy!

 
At 9:01 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Something good is happening Ellie.

Nice 300s there. 4:37/km pace - you have some good speed happening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home