slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, November 16, 2006

i admit defeat :)

home sick today - no ride this morning. nuthin' actually. bit of sleeping. have now set up camp with an arsenal of vitamins and some OJ and will potter between bed and the computer I think.

the JP Morgan run got cancelled yesterday and rescheduled for tonight so I won't be starting after all. was very disappointed but there were some pretty strong winds apparently. Not too flash today either.

hopefully a day resting will make me better so I can do my long run saturday (has to be saturday because of a large 30th saturday night - i won't be feeling the love on sunday...). I t will be my last long run before the CC half so its important!!!! not feeling too confident about that one actually. ah well.

5 Comments:

At 3:29 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Ugh me too.

Look after yourself mate - you'll be fine at CC - a nice flat course, great scenery and the weather will be wonderful ;-0

 
At 3:44 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

CC Half 2005 was a target for me. The closer it got the more tired I got so it became a long Sunday run instead. It was only 6 months later that we realised I'd had my iron problems all that time. So don't beat yourself up over it. Just run for the pleasure of being out there with friends.

TA

 
At 9:10 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

By the sounds of the weather down there you have picked the perfect time to be sick.

Don't overdo the long run if you aren't feeling 100%.

Take care.

 
At 10:40 pm, Blogger Jodi said...

Take care of yourself! Get lots of rest so that you can be healthy for that run

Jodi

 
At 2:42 pm, Blogger Kate said...

You Aussies are such wusses! 85kph- that's just a light breeze here :-)

Definitely look after yourself- nothing worse in the long term than not letting yourself heal/recover properly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home