slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, September 02, 2006

marshalling and cautious optimism

I managed to stick to my decision not to run at the Striders 10k today, but still got up at a ludicrous hour to join Will on marshalling duty at station 1 'the roundabout'. what fun! i loved it! each runner came by 5 times so i got loads of chances to cheer all and sundry (sorry if i was annoying - i admit that my creativity of cheer content waned as the hour went on...). glad to be involved despite not running and enjoyed possibly the largest and best pancakes of my life at breakfast in Manly with TA, Gnome, the Crinitis, Go Girl and Will.

Loads of people had top runs and the pb's were dropping like flies. my heart saddened to see a 55 minute pace group with a few people in it.... and not me...

Anyway - the foot was still pretty achey. Headed in to see Easy Tiger to sort me out and crossed paths with Sean who is human after all and looked like Gary had given him a good going over :) Gary wasn't convinced that it was plantar fasciitis (hurray!) because it could easily be connected to the other probs i've had over the last few weeks. that rang true with the pain that came up in areas other than the bottom of my foot!! in any event it was a very painful experience and i'm allowed to count it as training to increase my pain threshold :) interestingly gary got some ice on my foot after a particularly painful bit and that relieved it a lot. all up i felt a lot better straight away and am now icing it and will be doing my long (20k) run tomorrow.

ah well - even if i can't be a proper runner i have discovered the joys of an alternative career in marshalling and cheering :)

2 Comments:

At 8:11 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Behind the times here, sorry to hear about the foot however great news that it is not PF.

Those pancakes sounded great, enjoy your run tomorrow but take care with the injury.

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Thanks for the support Ellie. Not backed up by my lack of talent today. Oh well. Great to hear it is not PF for your foot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home