slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, August 25, 2006

rest day and interpretive pilates

day off running today which i think my body is quite grateful for. as i did a massive clean of my house last night i decided that it was a perfect opportunity to try the new pilates dvd that i had bought because there was in fact space for a person in the lounge room.

the dvd is called pilates for running and cycling and it isn't too long but the exercises are really good! i have always had strong (albeit hidden...) abs but some of these moves pushed me to the edge of their strength. which is great. also some leg stuff that i think will be good for balancing the muscles. 40 minutes felt like virtually nothing though. how my frame of reference has changed :)

would like to do the 5k challenge tomorrow morning but it is starting to feel too hard. i have my course on all weekend. it actually starts at 6.30 tonight and is a group process weekend so is intended to be fairly intense the whole time. my program has 9k down for tomorrow so i would need to drive to the bay, walk/jog to the start and then do the race then get back in time. it feels a bit too much like hard work. i could just do a nice hour around home. but i'll see how i go... would be nice to knock another few seconds off the pb!!! (hmmm.... not sure how that is shaping up though...)

sunday is going to be really tough. 2 hours 10 mins on the program that i need to get done and to my course by 9. this is going to be a 5am wake up call which seems obscene for a sunday. still - there is no question in my mind about whether or not to do it - i love my long runs! the people in my group may just have to put up with me groaning and stretching throughout the day. need to make sure i eat properly too and don't just shovel in the biscuits and crap that they have there.

wow - sometimes i even surprise myself with the amount of crap i can write about a rest day :) i wonder if womans weekly/new idea would give me a job?

PS - no photos were taken of the creative wearing of the blackmores singlet... however, i did get lots of laughs here and a love an audience so i wouldn't rule out a repeat performance - i'm not above milking a gag for all its worth...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home