slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, August 31, 2006

*insert appropriate whinge here*

owwwwwww.

so yesterday i throw in a seemingly unimportant one liner about how my foot hurts. yeah well. now my foot REALLY hurts. i had thought yesterday that it was just that i was wearing uncomfortable shoes or something. but this morning it was feeling pretty tight and sore - enough for me to stretch it, give it a go with the golf ball and google 'foot pain running'. anyway i still jogged down to training, was there but bearable.

i told sean and he thought we should see how it went with one wild wally (5 on the program). i started to get worried when it started to protest a little more during the drills and strides, particularly the hopping ones. anyway still thought i'd do one lap and i did. it was ok so i started to go a bit harder, but that was mostly on the flat and downhill - it started to hurt a bit on the uphill. i thought that i would let the next one go and as i stood there it got progressively tighter and sorer. so the hill was a baaadddd thing.

walking home hurt too :(

sean has suggested that i go to the physio. he started bandying around terms like plantar fasciitis (weird cause i was talking to someone about that yesterday!) which freaked me out a bit.

i am going to give gary a call as well. i'm hoping for another miracle recovery cause i don't like it one bit! especially cause i have a hot date with a 55 min 10k on saturday....

10 Comments:

At 8:15 am, Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your foot :-( I'm sure the Tiger will sort it out for you quickly!

 
At 8:30 am, Blogger Simlin said...

Nice title...I will cross my fingers for you that it is nothing serious and you can keep your hot date!

 
At 9:38 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Oh no, hope its not the dreaded PF. Then again, if it is you're on to it nice an early and a bit of (painful) massaging should sort it out. Ha ha, wait until the Tiger attacks the bottom of your feet with his knuckles!

 
At 10:40 am, Blogger miners said...

can't miss those hot dates either ...

sorry to support the notion of it being Plantar - certainly hope we're wrong, because it's not fun from all accounts.

did you see a pod before the latest shoe purchase? did you change shoes? did you get time to stretch and warm-up properly before jogging down to sean's? do I sound like your mother?

 
At 11:11 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Hope not. From Blue Dogs PF which may have been bone spurs actually it doesn't sound good. Hope tiger can massage it out.

 
At 11:42 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Two words Ellie: Golf ball.

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I'm sure once Gary has tortured it you will be fine. If you miss this hot date they'll be another one around the corner.

 
At 2:24 pm, Blogger Gnscon said...

I've got a comment on the last entry. I actually find myself running more for things than ever before. I'm bored by walking so I keep running even when fully kitted out in work attire. Run for the green man at the lights, run to get the bus. But the strangest thing is I go straight into distance running mode and form not running for the bus mode.

 
At 7:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing too serious I hope, Ellie. Let's know what happens after treatment.....good luck!

 
At 9:03 pm, Blogger Don Juan said...

I'll be upbeat, being no less qualified medically than earlier correspondents. Most conditions respond very well to a brief rest.

Hope to see you out at training next week, if I get out there too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home