slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, August 26, 2006

saturday

imaginative title huh?

decided not to do the CR challege today because with my course and driving etc it just felt too much like hard work. i did feel like a bit of a cop out though.

So instead i stuck to the program which was 1hr 9km. I ended up doing 9.35k at 6.25 pace. i stopped for a stretch at 1.8 and at about 4k i had a new lesson. if i have sustagen before a run - I STILL NEED TO DRINK WATER AS WELL. I felt dizzy and light headed and really weak. It was awful. Similar to Thursday so i don't know what that is about. Anyway i ran into the park where i knew there were taps, had some water and then felt right as rain. I was pleased because i thought i was going to have to call it quits.

came home, did a pilates dvd, some stretching now having porridge (traditional oats not quick oats as I was told by the dietitian!!) and about to hit the showers and back for more group therapy. last night was v interesting..

good luck to all at W2B today!

4 Comments:

At 4:56 pm, Blogger Katie said...

hehehe I am still laughing at your use of norks in a blog entry :-) Very noice!!

 
At 6:29 pm, Blogger Shane said...

9k and pilates in one day is certainly not a cop out. Im the same, sometimes opting for the most convienient option.

Good to hear the water done the trick and the dizziness etc disappeared.

 
At 7:26 pm, Blogger miners said...

like the pilates efforts - could never really get myself motiviated enough to truly discover the point about them - however, unlike yourself I have atrocious abs (and they're also well hidden)

Not a bad decision on the 5km - you'll probably benefit more from what you did today instead - presuming you actually did stay away from the biscuits and other trash they laid out for you ;)

 
At 6:46 am, Blogger TD said...

Abs and hammies, the bane of the runner's injury ridden career. Good on you Ellie for the Pilates. My friends swear by its benefits and I need to do more of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home