slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

1hr 9.43 km avg pace 6.22/km

splits were: 6.41, 6.33, 6.17, 6.02, 6.12, 6.04, 6.17, 6.34, 6.28

i really want to work out how i can make Freddy show me the average pace not the exactly at that second pace. any one have any brainy ideas?

i need to harness a bit of willpower as well. last night i ended up having about 4 spoons of milo. not in a drink, just pretending it was chocolate... doh.

my foot hurts a bit today. and i also noticed something curious. its such a common thing for people who feel unfit to talk about how they get puffed running for the bus. i discovered today that now i'm running pretty regularly i'm much LESS likely to run for the bus. because as soon as i start running for the bus (usually in heels) i start to feel it in my ankles and knees and other miscellaneous bits and decide that it is definitely not worth injuring myself. weird huh?

8 Comments:

At 11:45 am, Blogger miners said...

Wasn't sure that Milo (or milkshake malt) was supposed to be consumed any other way?

Freddy is a garmin or a polar?

 
At 12:12 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Freddy is a garmin! speaking of polar's and heart rates - i tried to get my resting heart rate this morning while i was still lying in bed. the problem was that my alarm scared the s**t out of my and so my heart was racing and wouldn't settle to a particular number. doh!

 
At 12:59 pm, Blogger Gnscon said...

Easy, just set one of the fields on one of the screens (305 right?) to Average Pace. It's under the settings somewhere, hunt around you'll find it. Given you've been posting the 1k splits I'm guessing you've already got it splitting the laps on the 1k mark. If you go to the screen below the main one you get the lap pace rather than instant pace, that's quite useful as well.

 
At 8:27 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Just think of the calories you are saving by not adding the milk!

My resting heart rate is lower when sitting at my desk at work in the arvo than it is first thing in the morn. Gotta love the PS :-)

 
At 9:15 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Sounds good Ellie - I'm envious of all the running you've been doing lately! Hope the foot feels better soon.

 
At 9:47 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

LOL, yeah I wont run for a bus either.

Last week I bolted across Elizabeth St in the city and pulled up sore. Maybe a warm up beforehand is in order ? Oh yeah, then a warm down too. ;-p

 
At 10:52 pm, Blogger the_en4cer said...

Milo on its own? Thats just pure energy food! You would have burned that off when running for the bus in the high heels (c:

 
At 8:27 am, Blogger Simlin said...

I must confess at work we have a milo break between 2:30-3pm, keeps us fired up for the afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home