slow-but-enthusiastic

Monday, August 28, 2006

Rest day

Well yesterday i was curious how i would go energy wise staying awake all day. In the end I had absolutely no problem with concentration or alertness. being fitter has definitely done wonders for my energy levels throughout the day. that said - i do need my sleep! i was also groaning out loud every time i walked up and down the stairs (especially down), but maybe i was just trying to get everyone to pay me some attention for running such a long way :)

Spark Driver asked when i was going to do a 1/2 - that is on the 17th of September! One more long run next Sunday which is 2hr 15mins and 20k and then its a bit of a mini taper. yay!

Rest day today so I just did my pilates dvd which i am loving - f**k it hurts though!!! but that is all good i figure. even having just done it a few times i feel like i recovered really well after yesterday's run.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 pm, Blogger miners said...

always love it when people talk about hurting during a pilates course - reminds me not to go and try it again ...

Not long to go now E. Shame I won't be down there on the day for you :(

 
At 1:42 pm, Blogger Simlin said...

I always find I make it through the day better if I go for a run in the morning, till 8:30pm anyway.

 
At 12:39 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Enjoy the rest Ellie - good to see you getting in some long runs ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home