slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, September 07, 2006

excited!!

Well my very exciting news for the day is that not only is there a friendly 2 hour pacer for the half marathon - the fabulous Gnome - Go Girl has also very very kindly offered to run with me.

I am VERY excited and extremely grateful because I think that having someone there with me will make a huge difference. I will admit to being slightly apprehensive as having people there with me means that I won't be able to use any of the cop out excuses to go slower that I would use if i was on my own.

But - as I mentioned to Go Girl, if there was ever a time to REALLY TRULY give it everything I've got - this must be it. So as of today I am starting the positive self talk about all things half marathon and 2 hours!

Yayayayayayayyyy!!!!!

OK - that said, today I didn't go to training because the rain was practically horizontal. I did get up early and have come in to work early so straight after work I am going to hit the gym for either a spin class or some cross-trainer-ing and a big stretching session.

(did i mention that i am excited??)

14 Comments:

At 7:58 am, Blogger Simlin said...

And So you should be! from all your training times you should E-A-S-I-L-Y! go under 2hr!

Maybe you should aim for 1hr55min!

 
At 8:04 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

haha - don't freak me out now :)

 
At 9:31 am, Blogger Superflake said...

I'm thinking lots of chocolate will be consumed in 2hrs.

 
At 10:57 am, Blogger Bernie G said...

Wow your own pacer, your now in the same league as those elite runners. You will have a ball. No negative thoughts, your fit and strong.

 
At 12:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOFT!

 
At 12:44 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Ellie.... as I told you last week you are capable of more than you give yourself credit!!! You will have a ball and the rest will just happen.... all that training will kick in!

 
At 1:42 pm, Blogger miners said...

should be a blast now - couldn't ask for friendlier company for your Half

 
At 2:44 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

You lucky bugger, what a ball you'll have out there! Just remember, let them do all the work (including the talking!!!) and you just go with the flow.

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Woo hoo Ellie - you are really powering along with your running! You have some great running buddies too! As for running today - by the looks of the weather report today you did the right thing!

 
At 9:49 pm, Blogger R2B said...

It's infectious and i am excited for you too!
Positive thoughts.
Chin up (literally,so you get full breaths in)
and most of all enjoy it.I know you will.Can't wait for the report!

R2B

 
At 9:54 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

You are so ready for a half. Having a Pacer will make it that much more enjoyable.

 
At 10:42 am, Blogger Rachel said...

I'm so jealous! Your first half, after my shirmosal two weeks ago I'm living my goal through you!

 
At 6:14 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Chocolate? Are you & Nat bringing chocolate? That changes everything! I'm running at your pace now. Everyone else can just keep up or miss out! :-) :-)

Gnome

 
At 7:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellie,
you will nail this. You are a lot stronger than you think. Can't wait to see you finish well under the magic 2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home