slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

8k, 49m24s, avg pace 6.10

dropped the bundle a bit this morning because i was supposed to do 8k in 45 mins (v fast! perhaps this was meant to be my 1/2 marathon race pace?). but i was tired from yesterday's two runs and a massage. so no dramas.

I did have my lovely friend julie who is staying with me along for the ride. hurray! i suspect she could have gone faster - but she seemed as happy to finish as me :)

Legs tired, but no aches or pains. not long now...

:)

(oh and r2b - the crying was because of the paaaaiinnn.... plus this is all unchartered territory for my body - and it is being a little petulant :)

6 Comments:

At 10:40 am, Blogger 2P said...

Good on you for sticking with it Ellie - I'd take 8k at 6.10 pace ;-)

 
At 2:23 pm, Blogger miners said...

just good to know there's no foot-niggles. That's all you really need to worry about from here on in :)

 
At 7:24 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Half marathon pace is fast Ellie.

Glad you're setting the flat-shoe trend.

 
At 7:42 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Oh the paaaaiinn!
I get it now i thought some life drama that i had missed had occurred.

Your running is really getting better...
Your building "running muscle" and geting tired is your bodies way of letting you know that it is expanding it's ability.
AKA being petulent!

Keep it up,you will really surprise yourself when you taper and put it to the test!

R2B

 
At 9:21 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

That's pretty good after the previous day's efforts.
Nice to hear that the foot problem has been solved.

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Keep going E. You'll be surprised at how you'll fly after a week's taper (except that I'll be holding you back... :-))

Gnome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home