slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

mid week long run

a funny run this morning. i felt like i was going pretty hard but looking at gmaps pedometer thing it was only 8.7km in the hour. phew. ah well. i left home 10 minutes later than usual at 5.40 and i was surprised that there was a lot more activity on the roads than i usually notice and it was getting lighter towards the end of the hour. actually it was not very peaceful around the outside of centennial park and the cars were annoying me.

hehe. perhaps i was just in a grouchy slow mood!

ran into kerry which was nice! ran with her for a few minutes before i had to divert home (and realised that the pace was just toooo hot for me today!).

excitingly my mum surprised me on her last day with a receipt which was for a pair of shoes that she had bought me at the sydney running centre! hurray! they need to get my size in but that is quite exciting for me - can finally get rid of the ugly orange ones (sorry all you orange lovers... it just doesn't work with the significant amount of pink in my wardrobe...) for some nice bluey ones. yay!!

i have been reading a few of the threads on coolrunning about safety while you are running. i don't run at night but most mornings it is pitch black and there are sections where i run where there aren't people (especially on the weekends). i don't wear my ipod when it is dark but i never take any ID or my phone or anything. might start because i am certainly not confident that i could outrun anyone!!

oh - and i ran past a runner who was stretching and could see that he wasn't going to respond to my dopey grin so i said good morning. lucky i did because he replied that i should watch out for the vomit in the middle of the path just ahead. it was nicely obscured by shadow so lucky he told me! hmm wonder if it was his? i don't think so because he didn't look like he'd started yet.

(any coolrunners pushing a bit too hard in their fartlek yesterday??)

EDIT - argh! its 9pm and i'm still at work. 360 emails down to 100... must... finish... but then how the hell will i get up at 5am for training tomorrow... hmmm... ok mildly delirious so will stop now :)

1 Comments:

At 10:08 am, Blogger Bernie G said...

Deanne, Katie and I must have missed you today :-(. Hope to see you tomorrow bright and early.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home