slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, July 09, 2006

altitude training

well friday night i had a function on for work. it was good, but i figured that the coolrunning drinks would be more opportunity to discuss mileage :) so i headed there. i was pretty late but it was great to catch up with a few of the stayers. ended up being a fairly large night and i had a BIG headache the next day.

nonetheless on saturday morning i ended up getting out for 45 mins in the city which was alternatively pleasant and nauseating depending on what i was thinking about (the weather vs my head).

saturday afternoon my mum and i headed up on the train to katoomba for a very pleasant weekend. i figured that it was an excellent opportunity to try out some of the trails that everyone raves about but by the time i remembered to ask people i had to leave work so didn't get a chance to read replies! however, i went for a very very cold, very very hilly run around katoomba for a total of 75 mins. was fantastic but OMG it is cold up there! i ran with footless tights, proper leggings on top of those, a mountain designs long sleeve top and another running jacket and didn't ever think about taking anything off. but i've always been a wimp for cold :) roll on summer!

i am definitely going to go up again soon to try some of the proper runs. i really enjoyed the fresh air too!

7 Comments:

At 7:05 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

itS great fun running up there. We even know some relatively flat runs. You'll have to come up to Mount Vic with us one weekend when we go up to stay with Jen_drinks.

I don't think I answered your last email but I'll email you this week and maybe we can catch up for a coffee, drink or lunch in the city.

 
At 9:16 am, Blogger Mandy said...

I need attitude training :)

 
At 11:32 am, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I am looking forward to summer again. I have had enough of cold and windy weather.

 
At 5:32 pm, Blogger 2P said...

I love running up there Ellie - I can certainly give you some tips for some nice "easy" trails ;-)

 
At 7:53 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Brave girl!!! I am with you... big winter wus!

 
At 9:12 pm, Blogger Aki said...

Congrats on your 10k time from the other day - very similar to my first 10k time, and you're under 1 hr already which is incredible. :)

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Nice contrast with the city and country runs side by side.
Don't know how you did the sat morning run though...the last thing I could think about after waking up hung over on sunday was running - great effort!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home