slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

lunch time running

well having had a few lazy days and being put off by the rain this morning decided i would have to bite the bullet and go at lunch.

i didn't have much time so i ran down the quay, around past the opera house stairs, around to mrs macquaries chair, up and down those stairs once, around the the corner (about 200m) and back and then up and down the stairs another 4 times (5 in total!). Following which my legs were jelly!!! ran/walked back to the gates at the opera house but have run too fast at the start (because everyone else was so fast i felt like a dork going so slow!!! damn peer pressure...) i was stuffed. walked back to the office.

now i think my lessons from today were:

- don't run too fast too early (ok so its an obvious one...)
- if i am running at lunch i should have a midmorning snack or else i get a bit lightheaded.

anyway - at least i got out there and did something. good to get some sun - and it wasn't too hot.

(did i mention that i have quit my job and am boooored out of my brain serving my 6 WEEKS notice????)

4 Comments:

At 3:50 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Good on ya Ellie. Lunchtime running is such an effort. Not so much the run but the getting ready and showering etc afterwards.

But gee, what nice places you get to run!

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Well done on going out. I can't do that; if I don't go in the morning I won't go at all!

 
At 5:07 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

6 weeks notice???? That's nuts. It's a standard 2 here.

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Well done on getting out at lunchtime. I have done it a couple of times but it does require a lot of effort so good on you. I am normally a morning runner though you'd hardly know it this week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home