slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, October 22, 2006

choices

Well i am still clinging to a few shards of motivation (if not fitness...) so this week I am back into it. The doctor wants me to get a blood test this week so I'll do that, but she was fairly convinced that I was just a bit run down and that made me susceptible to something or other. So I stopped at the right time (phew - did something right!)...

Anyway - back to the full training schedule this week but at 80% according the tri fellas. (I feel like 80% might be 100% now though... but we'll see...)

The way the training is going to unfold for a while looks like this:
- Mon - rest (yay!)
- Tues - Sweat - track session
- Wed morning - mid week long run, Wed evening - swim squad
- Thurs morning - ride with the bondifit squad (beginners one), Thursday evening - track session with bondifit squad
- Fri morning - swim squad (stroke correction)
- Sat morning - ride/run/ride/run session with the squad, Sat afternoon - swim squad (stroke correction)
- Sun - Long run

So that is a lot - but I am pretty committed to doing this so we shall see. I'm going to try and be a bit moderate about it because I have a habit of giving myself a hard time for not doing things as well as I want to - and this probably needs a bit of time to settle into.

I have thought a lot this last week about choices. I am thinking about choices I've made and why and where they take me. Also about choices that I want or need to make at the moment. In some areas of my life I make choices and do hard things that put me outside my comfort zone and that I am proud of. But in other areas I am clueless and I make choices that make no sense and don't do me any favours. I know that everything probably adds to a greater sense of who i am but sometimes I would like my choose-your-own-adventure book to have notes telling me which choice will take me to the good ending and not the crap one that you have to backtrack from and start again :)

but wanting to be fit and healthy is a good choice :) so I will focus on that!!!

8 Comments:

At 9:58 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

wow, that's a lot of training but I'm sure you'll handle it. Nothing wrong with your choice of friends though;)

 
At 7:54 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Ellie, if you continue to train like you plan to this week you will have no choice but to be fit and healthy.

 
At 8:38 am, Blogger Kate said...

Try not to overdo it. I sound like a nagging nana, but I overdid it, lost months of training and my marathon dream in the process. I've spent the last few months struggling to train the right amount and not to do too much. It's hard to pull back, especially when everyone else is doing so much great training! But that many two-a-days in a week is just more than a beginner triathlete needs, especially when so many of the workouts are "hard" ones.

 
At 12:21 pm, Blogger miners said...

are you talking about vodka .v. bacardi in my mojitos type choices? I imgaine the ramifications of those could be quite significant!

Great to see you sticking with that training plan Miss E :)

 
At 12:47 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Geez Ellie that is huge mate.

I seem to be in the mood for quotes today so one for you:

The future is not some place we are going to, but a place we are creating. The paths to it are not found, but made, and making those pathways changes both the maker and the destination.

:-)

 
At 1:07 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

What Lulu said and I think you are choice ;-)

 
At 8:05 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Some big double days there - serious stuff ;)
haha, I remember choose your own adventure books...just watch out for trolls.

 
At 9:27 am, Blogger R2B said...

I so understand what your talking about Ellie!

You need to ask yourself smart questions.Questions that will give you an answer that will guide you forward.Give your brain time to come up with a sensible answer.


Cheers R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home