slow-but-enthusiastic

Monday, October 02, 2006

monday long run

well following the excesses of saturday night... decided not to get up at 5 (2 hours after i crawled into bed) and do my long run before my course. so today was long run day!

met the owl down at the bay after I had done 20 mins to even our times out. She decided to take me on a very new and exciting route (for me) that went up lilyfield road (big ass hill!!!) over the anzac bridge (big ass climb too!!) and then through glebe and annandale and back to the bay. it was a gorgeous run and was excellent to run somewhere new. my legs were a bit tired and it felt like a bit of a grind but nonetheless 1hr50mins was completed with excellent company (and some giggling about saturday night hijinks) and we finished off with a marvellous breakfast with jen and chonky in leichardt.

noice. now i am feeling a bit energised again (must be the breakfast) so am contemplating a walk down to the pool and a bit of a swim. but not sure that is such a good idea in the interests of getting to sweat training in reasonable shape tomorrow... might give it an hour or so...

4 Comments:

At 1:55 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Lovely to see you again gal. You are doing better than me this afternoon - the couch is seriously calling my name!

 
At 8:30 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Very nice run Ellie - yep a couple of big hills in that run - well done ;-)

 
At 7:49 am, Blogger R2B said...

Wish i could motivate myself to get out for an hour and 50!!

Your doing well

 
At 8:39 am, Blogger Ewen said...

Good run Ellie. The Anzac Bridge is a challenge. Love the view from up there. My sister used to house-sit in Glebe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home