slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Well.

I got back from Perth pretty late on Monday night and even though it is only a 2 hour time difference I felt a bit tired and sluggish (i love that word). so I decided not to get up the next morning for training and get a bit of sleep and get to work reasonably early as I knew I would have a bazillion emails waiting.

So that meant 2 days with no running or swimming or anything! And then last night I had dinner with some lovely coolrunners (wobbly man, kev, jen, owly and DJ - i blame them all for the fact that i ate a pizza AND a bowl of gelato...) and so this morning I had intended to go to a spin class but ...didn't.

I am planning to go tonight - but I am starting to talk myself out of it because I have hills tomorrow morning. hmm.

actually I am feeling really tired and a bit blah this week. I was really motivated last week and did good on the weekend, but feel a bit like i've dropped the bundle. I know that 3 days off is not the end of the world (actually it will probably only be 2.5 days if i go tonight) but it feels strange. hehe. not so strange that I didn't go back to bed this morning after I woke up at 5 though :)

Anyway - someone asked me what my next big running goal is the other day. I don't have any huge one but I have some little 'before the end of the year' ones:

- 55 mins for 10k
- 25 mins for 5k
- 2 hour half at Central Coast!

Next year the aim will be to get those times down more - like 50 mins 10k and 1hr 50m 1/2.

My biggest fitness related goal at the moment is to complete the Sprint distance in the All Women's Triathlon in early Feb 07. I read about this on TA & the Gnome's blog and got a bit excited. I feel about swimming and cycling the way I did about running 8 months ago so I want to do something about that. The distances are 500m swim, 20k ride, 5k run. I am confident that by Feb I will be able to do that.

If I enjoy it - I will set my sights on a longer one later in the season. But if it is just a drag and I hate it - then I won't! I suspect that I will like the challenge... just because it isn't easy for me. Strange that I keep putting myself in a position where I feel completely and utterly out of my depth, personality flaw I guess :)

EDIT - i forgot the most noteworthy thing that has happened in the last few days!!!!! one of my toenails is going black!!!! eww!!! it looks very strange. doesn't hurt though so i guess that is a plus.

11 Comments:

At 10:50 am, Blogger Simlin said...

Nice goals, still got them to knock off myself actually. :)

 
At 11:30 am, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I have developed a couple of black toenails. My wife compares them to those disgusting toes on the cigarette packs!

 
At 11:46 am, Blogger Don Juan said...

I'd testify you were held down and force-fed that pizza and gelato under protest.

Good goals. By the time I start running again a 55min/10km will be hot work.

 
At 11:46 am, Blogger Harvie said...

Awww, runners toe - brings back memories.........

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger Simlin said...

Yep, one black toe here.

 
At 2:16 pm, Blogger miners said...

hey, but what happened to the school reunion?

can't wait to see the triathlon training coming together :)

 
At 2:30 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Wooohooo a black nail - how excellent ;-)

Might wanna consider making that 10k goal 54mins if you want to hit 2hrs at CC - no pearl of wisdom from me here - I just plugged 2 hour 1/2 into McMillian and that's what it spat out ;-)

 
At 5:34 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Welcome back to the good side of OZ! Wow, you must be proud, your first black toenail, you are officially inducted into the runners club ;-)

Good luck with the Tri training, you should enjoy it.

I have a new blog address aswell if you get bored and want to pop in, it is
http://my-exercise-diary.blogspot.com, (same blog diff URL)

 
At 10:42 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Oooo... my wife is leading you astray... I have a feeling that there's going to be a nice CR group out there this year.

I love triathlons - I can watch 'em for ages :-)

Gnome

 
At 11:04 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Nice goals Ellie. Look forward to seeing you push all those before the end of the year.

 
At 9:38 am, Blogger Rachel said...

Once you do one tri, you'll be hooked. I can guarantee it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home