slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, September 30, 2006

woooooooohoooo!!!!

new 5k pb = 25m39s - 42 seconds off the previous one!

i was a bit unsure how this morning would go because due to a need to race off for my course (currently multitasking with breakfast...) i left my car at the end and will and I jogged (very slowly... poor will!!) to the start. it was a huge turnout - so good to see all the usuals as well as Tesso who was down from brisvegas.

2p was back (good to see you scott - sorry i couldn't stick around for a proper chat!) and plu was there and - well i could keep going! a very special happy birthday to the Owl as well!!!

in the end obviously the warm up did me a world of good. but i suspect in this instance most of the results are attributable to the unexpected but extremely welcome assistance of Kit! I left at the same time as her and she had decided to have an easy day so very very kindly stuck with me and talked me through the whole run. Katie - I couldn't talk back at the time - but thank you!!!!!!! i really appreciated it - and sorry if i gave you one too many sweaty hugs at the end :) how much do I love all my coolrunning buddies??? a lot :)

ok - better eat quicker or I'll be late.

see some of you tonight!

17 Comments:

At 10:40 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Nice PB Ellie !

Very well done matey !

 
At 10:52 am, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Great PB there. 25:39 is very respectable for 5km.

 
At 11:28 am, Blogger Ewen said...

Well done Ellie (and Katie). Good stuff. Sub-5s next time.

 
At 12:36 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Fantastic result Ellie, that is a massive chunck off your old mark, congratulations.

 
At 1:40 pm, Blogger Jen said...

You did a huge PB after a 5km warm up... Geez, maybe I should add warm-ups to my pre-rate routine ;-)

You are going to kill the Enticer. And yes, there will be pom-poms :-)

 
At 5:28 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Well done Ellie - you just keep getting better and better!!!!!

 
At 6:57 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Woohoo Ellie!
Nice work.

Are multitasking the domain of women only (says my wife!)

good to see you constantly improving!

 
At 6:58 pm, Blogger Dave said...

Great work Ellie, I'd be thinking about changing the title on your blog the first part seems a little dated now :)

 
At 3:19 pm, Blogger Don Juan said...

well done on the PB. You outpaced me last night too. I thought you were a real chance last night with the guy wearing the chequered table-cloth shirt and singing into his stubby.
Btw, have you chatted to Mark Preston at training about triathlons?

 
At 3:48 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Ooooh can't wait to hear about table cloth boy!!! I had a great run with you.... and I love a sweaty hug ;-)

 
At 6:49 pm, Blogger miners said...

ljqkcyum - PBs are always worth savouring (as are mojitos - I'm assuming you had a couple for me last night)

 
At 6:50 pm, Blogger miners said...

hee hee - my word verification thingy somehow made it's way into the previous comment.

no, I'm fine really. no drugs - I promise

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Simlin said...

OH YEAH...Bring on sub 25min! you are almost there...now there is one goal that won't remain unbroken by the end of the year! FANTASTIC!

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Good on you, Ellie! 42 seconds is massive...wooooohooooo!

 
At 10:39 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Wooohooo Ellie - you and Kit just left the rest of us standing still.

Great work mate you really are going from strength to strength ;-)

 
At 12:17 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Congratulations on the PB Ellie. You have got heaps faster since joining Sweat. Well done.

 
At 3:17 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

Fantastic result for all your hard work at training Ellie. Savour the moment and keep enjoying your training and the PBs will continue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home