slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, September 22, 2006

running and swimming and running

Last night I was lucky enough to have an accomplice for a swim session in the shape of Paul (Portrunr). He is a lot more 'advanced' than me you could say - and in fact his breakstroke was loads faster than my freestyle... but hey - gotta start somewhere :) it was good fun having someone to chat to in between laps in particular. at least when i was able to keep less than a lap between us!

(oh yeah - i did 1300m freestyle - first aim is to build up to 2k)

This morning I had 35 mins/ 5k on the program. lucky it was an easy session because I think that the swimming does make my legs pretty tired even though they don't feel tired just to walk around. I ended up with 5.15 km in about 34.30 or something like that. avg pace 6.31 (hehe - nearly typed 4.31!!).

But after that - I am tired. It is only 8.30 - but I'm exhausted!

I'm flying back to Perth tonight for a long weekend which I am looking forward to. Been missing my fam a lot and all my mates. I have a 10 year school reunion as well which is going to be a bit of a shock to the system... 10 years... who would have thought. The last time I ran into someone from school they didn't believe it was me and were like 'you're a grown up!'... hmm yes, well in body anyway :)

Thanks for all the suggestions about goals. I have lots of plane time to think about that stuff and will report back (but all suggestions gratefully accepted!)

E xxx

5 Comments:

At 9:41 am, Blogger Simlin said...

Luckily my brother is moving to Perth next year and that will give me an excuse to go back and somewhere to stay.

 
At 10:55 am, Blogger miners said...

gee - even I don't get to swim with Paul - and I'm a fellow local!

Have yourself a great time showing off the new you to the school. Perhaps try and drop a suggestion like you have since invented post-it notes or something ...

 
At 12:31 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Congrats on all the goal achievements Ellie but be very careful with that swimming caper!

Enjoy your trip to Perth ;-)

 
At 1:17 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

lol to miners, but I've only been swimming 2-3 weeks and he's only done like 1 session in that time! :P
Great to catch up for the swim Ellie and thanks for the tips You're doing heaps better than I was for at 2nd session - I was a mess!!
Have a great trip :)

 
At 1:54 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Good luck with the swimming, you are doing well, 1300m for a second session is nice going.

It would be my 10 year reunion this year aswell, I only keep in touch with a couple of people from school now, a bit sad really.

Enjoy your reunion, it would be an interesting experience seeing what everyone has been up to. Have a great trip catching up with your family 'n' friends aswell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home