slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, September 28, 2006

wild wally x 6

for the first time ever i had 6 wild wallys on my program. wild wally is a 700m (well 683 really...) hill circuit with up and down hill and a nasty flat bit. to mix it up a bit today we started about 20m from the top of the hill meaning that we had a long hill to finish...

total of 9.5k for the morning and my 6 splits were 3.43, 3.45, 3.42, 3.43, 3.47, 3.52. I did them continuosly as I figured that i was staying reasonably consistent. The last one proved taht I was really just about done!!

i felt very slow today. maybe cause i hadn't done a good hills session in ages. i am sure it was good for me - but i did have the moments going 'why do i think that i can run? what makes me think that i would ever be able to finish a triathlon?'. food for thought.

speaking of which i met a coach last night to discuss getting a program for some triathlon training (and to try and fit around my running training). a couple of interesting things came up:
- first he reckons that if i haven't got my bike yet i should try and swap it for a road bike.......
- secondly he wants me to aim for an olympic distance tri that is on in April which would give me 6 months. i had been thinking more, this time next year - but he seems pretty confident. nothing like a challenge hey??

8 Comments:

At 10:52 am, Blogger miners said...

exactly - challenges are what gets us through the training sessions.

I like Pete's take on things - sounds logical enough to me ;)

 
At 11:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had wondered why you were getting what looked like a mountain bike if you were considering triathlons???

wt

 
At 12:31 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Mountain bikes are fun, and good training, but a road bike will be minutes faster in a short tri.

Ask Sean about fitting in the tri goals. I'd do the short one first and see how you like it.

 
At 3:41 pm, Blogger Bernie G said...

That was a good effort this morning. I always find this session tough. Good luck with the Tri training.

 
At 5:53 pm, Blogger R2B said...

After everything you have already achieved Ellie, i for one personally believe in your ability.Go out do the training and make yourself proud!

Cheers R2B

 
At 9:01 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

and road bikes look much cooler.....

 
At 11:50 am, Blogger 2P said...

Nice consistent splits Ellie - you do realise you have to swim in a triathlon? - nasty yukki stuff ;-)

 
At 5:01 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

ooh, a coach...sounds serious. Hope you can switch the bike and get some juicy tri goals to go for!!
I trust the reunion wasn't too painful on the weekend ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home