slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, June 24, 2006

new 5k pb!!

hurray!

I was a bit nervous this morning heading to the coolrunning 5km challenge because i feel like i have had a bit of a slack month. thought i'd head out at 28mins so that i was not putting much pressure on myself. AndrewFF53 again helped me out and ferried me from the finish to start so that i could get home in time to get to my course (currently scoffing toast and blowdrying my hair while i type this - no wonder my fuse box just gave up and tripped out).

at the start i had a chat to my lovely speedy Sweat-co-teammate bernie who very kindly offered to pace me to a new pb - we thought that sub 27 mins was a good aim as the previous pb was 27m15s - so we were going for 26m58s. it felt fast right from the start and i wasn't sure i would keep going. i had felt a little sick all morning (nerves? maybe the drinks i had last night...) and was worried about collapsing half way!! but i gritted my teeth and held on to bernie who was very encouraging - particularly when i was obviously struggling in the last 2kms! in the end we crossed the line in (drum roll....) 26m29s!! so a 46 second pb.

i am very happy with that! no way i could have done it without bernie though - so a hhuuuugggee thanks to her.

lovely to see loads of coolrunners as well - and i had my new hat on so i felt officially like part of the crew :)

now off to my course

maybe a bit more toast...

10 Comments:

At 10:46 am, Blogger Jen said...

Wow. Sensational time Ellie. Well done.

 
At 12:01 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Huuuuuuuge congrats Ellie! That's an incredible chunk of last month's. Must've been the new cap ;-)

 
At 1:12 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Yay, that's great Ellie. Now I know I can't keep up with you! Hope to see you soon.

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Big congrats Ellie!!! Thats all that consistant training and hard work :-)

 
At 5:47 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

Sensational run this morning Ellie. You were flying when you went past us. 46 seconds off your PB is mind blowing. Just shows what good consistent training does. And the great thing is that you have plenty more improvement in you. Well done!

 
At 8:31 pm, Blogger Bernie G said...

You ran brilliantly this morning. You'll be smashing that PB next month I'm sure.

 
At 5:15 am, Blogger Mandy said...

Whooooooooooooooo good job Ellie. Now don't be like me and kick yourself in the ass for not breaking it every time. It took me 10 months to break my initial 5K race mark..but whopped the sucker when I finally did. By 3 minutes...just realized I will try again next weekend...lol..oops..

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

The speed capability of the Coolrunning cap has been well documented. Well done.

 
At 11:37 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Two words: very cool :)

 
At 10:38 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Congratulations on the PB Ellie. 25 mins can't be far off now. Well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home