slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

therapy running

needed to get the heart pumping this morning after a tough session at the house of tears last night. [in case i haven't explained, i am studying psychotherapy/counselling, and part of the course requires that you do your own personal therapy.. which is a fantastic process of course and i wouldn't be studying what i do if i didn't believe in it - but it can be... intense.] A quick 40 minute jaunt around the park and the streets near home did the job nicely. No music today because i don't like to cut off my sense of hearing when it is so dark.

i was freezing when i got up and tried wearing a pair of crappy old cotton gloves that i use under boxing gloves. they did the job perfectly! although i took them off and carried them about half way and they looked very stupid (being bright white and all) they helped me get out the front door - so that is a big plus in my book. might venture out at lunch to get me some more discrete black ones. i recall some suggestions in another 'i'm so cold' post this month so will go back and get some suggestions.

having a few thoughts at present about my plans for the next few weeks...

- thinking about the CR 5km challenge this saturday. the problem is that i would need to leave pretty quickly to get to my course in time and definitely wouldn't run back in time. might ask on the coolrunning board whether anyone could pick me up from the end on their way to the start, and then i would have my car at the end and could zoom off... but not sure yet...

- the weekend after that there are a couple of runs that look like fun. The MS 8km run is on (and a guy from work wants to run that with me - but i haven't committed so far) because, i thought that the run that the Owl and Jen are doing (the great nosh?) sounded like fun. it is pretty long - 15km but my long run will be at 1hr 40mins by then which should nearly cover 15km... just a thought for now - that is pretty darn far!! but i imagine i could go pretty slow.

anyway - back to work and waiting for someone to decide to give me something to do... (who would have thought that would be something to complain about???)

3 Comments:

At 2:46 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

You run in the dark alone? I'm a chicken shit I guess! That's why I like taking a clinic here in the winter...huge pack of use in our reflective taped jackets....I have the house of tears on Friday...send tissue.

 
At 4:24 pm, Blogger Katie said...

The great nosh is heaps of fun, but tough running! It will take a chunk longer than it would to do 15km on the road. There are bits you almost have to walk and I remember climbing up a big rock.... heaps of fun though! Just start at the back with Jen and Owl (it is a little congested at the start)and you will have a ball.

 
At 7:31 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

Nothing wrong with white gloves Ellie - they were quite the thing at Warwick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home