slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, May 21, 2006

long run

I was a little apprehensive about todays run as it was 80 minutes and i've been sick and the last long one was 70 minutes 2 weeks ago. but in the end i did it and didn't feel like i was going too slow.

i headed down oxford st and into the city and through hyde park. i did the turn at the end very slowly because i ran into the half marathon people and wanted to see if i recognised people! i saw CR plu in his yellow and blue finery but didn't yell because i was a little far away. i was very jealous of everyone running and one day hope to give it a whirl!

After that i headed back up to taylor square and down around moore park and into centennial park where i did an inner circuit which brought me to 80 minutes - still alive and with a little bit of energy left! hurray!! who knew i could run for over an hour, let alone 80 minutes!! what a revelation. next weekend is an hour and a half though - which seems like a REALLY long time!!!

congrats to everyone who ran the half - sounds like there were some great results and a lot of fun.

E

8 Comments:

At 4:34 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Well done Ellie. These long runs are on the road to doing a half marathon, so stick with Seans plan and we will see you at the start next year.

 
At 6:40 am, Blogger Mandy said...

yey Ellie are you gaining fast! I time my runs so I can watch the races on a Sunday.

 
At 7:01 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Well done on doing 80 mins. You'll find the long runs really start to build your endurance and you'll be able to run faster for longer. As Superflake says you'll soon be up to a half marathon.

 
At 8:55 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Gee your doing well Ellie. 80 minutes is just great for a Sunday run. :)

 
At 12:08 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats to you too Ellie, 80 minutes is great. Just put good music on the iPod and you won't even notice the extra 10 minutes next weekend :-)

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Hey Ellie - I think I saw you!!! I wasn't that far behind Plu and I remember seeing a girl running along towards the HMers near the Hyde Park turnaround and thinking to myself "she should have done the half".

Nice one on the long run Ellie - good comeback from being crook.

You will be fine with 90 mins ;-)

 
At 6:02 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I reckon you could make the SMH this time next year.

 
At 9:08 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

I thought I recognised you Ellie (from your profile photograph) ;-)

Sean was looking good in his brown finery. You'll be with us next year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home