slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, May 12, 2006

funny story...

(mildly running related)

so despite my best intentions i went out last night (but was v good and switched to diet coke and then soda waters pretty early on). towards the end of the night at the meatmarket, sorry the establishment, both the girls i was there with were getting better acquainted with some gentlemen friends and i was talking to one of their mates (i am such a good wing-woman). turns out he was in sydney from brisbane doing a reconn of footlocker and its competitors because he is their QLD running shoe buyer or something like that. so we had a great chat about shoes and profitability of shoe stores and the like. certainly not something that i would have ever imagined chatting about over a drink before i got into this running lark :) he approved of my choice of shoe!

love it!

but now i am tired. roll on 5pm.

i'm thinking about a quick jaunt to the bay tomorrow for my 40 mins, and did i mention that i am doing the Mothers Day run this sunday - only the 4km (grr) but that is ok and i will see how fast I can do it!! i am aiming for under 26 mins (6m30s km) which should totally be doable as that is my slowish run pace now.

doesn't look like anyone else is going though so i think i'll be there allll on my own... :(

never mind. i suppose i could call my mum as i am running along ;)

7 Comments:

At 9:50 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Hi Ellie

I sent the stretching stuff to your hotmail address but it bounced ! Please send me a email to: gronk221atyahoo.com.au and I will reply with the attachment. :)

 
At 1:08 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Definately call your mum!!! That would be a buzz :-) Good luck... you will run well, just run your own race and don't get too caught up in the excitment when the gun goes off.

 
At 2:43 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nab him Ellie - the money you save on running shoes into the future could herald the end of the great octogenarian hunt! Plus you will never be short of "friends" either ;-)

 
At 2:45 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

haha - no - he was not my type at all - and based in brisbane i suspect that the savings would be eaten up in transportation costs!

 
At 3:06 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

Good luck in your first race Ellie..I'm sure you will surprise yourself.


Was he shoe worthy?

 
At 6:17 pm, Blogger David Criniti said...

Good luck for Sunday. I'm off now to run down to the TAB and lay the house on you going sub 26! :)

 
At 9:58 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

"he was not my type at all "...maybe so but did you score a free pair of shoes out of him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home