slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, May 20, 2006

steady gains

so i have discovered a new measure of my improvement as a runner and that is my ability to handle the discomfort of running with a hangover. whereas previously a 30 minute run was about the limit today i stretched it to 50 mins and actually didn't feel too bad all things considered (ie no sleep, a fair amount of beer which i am not used to as well as vodka and the remnant of a cold). tomorrow is 80 mins (eek!) which will be an interesting one given that i didn't do a long run last weekend.

i've got my dad in town over from perth at the moment and he came out last night - he came to a party with me briefly and then left. i thought he went home but when i got home at around 1.30 he was only just home after he chose to continue drinking at a different bar on his own! (so my genetic predisposition to certain "lifestyle choices" leaves me no option obviously!!)

Good luck to everyone running the half tomorrow! i wish i was coming to watch!

2 Comments:

At 2:14 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Have fun with your Dad and you'll handle 80 mins no problem. Just take it at a nice easy pace and you'll be fine. Wish I was coming with you. We'll be back on the trail and track together once i get back from Europe. In the meantime, have fun and don't improve toooo much or I won't be able to run with you anymore.

 
At 3:15 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

Well that's one way to measure progress! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home