slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

loooong intervals

today training involved 3 longish intervals. for the speedy kids that meant 3km, 2km, 1km. For me it meant 1800m, 1600m, 1000m. I was pretty pleased with my effort. I felt like i went hard but not too hard. I still had some energy left, which was lucky as those towards the back of the pack got virtually no recovery in between the 2nd and 3rd sets. but i am sure that is valuable in itself...

my times were 9.35, 8.44 and 5.13 which i am pretty happy with! still don't really have much comparison but 5.13 sounds fast for 1km to me!! (although on saturday i did 5 of them in a row in at 5.27 pace... hmm... maybe i should have tried harder this morning...).

ah well.

anyway so i have a new job... (do we sense a theme?) i am so excited and i resigned yesterday afternoon but there will be more resigning to do today (its complicated...). i will be starting next monday so no rest for the wicked!

3 Comments:

At 12:55 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Congratulations on your new job.

Wow I just had a case of deja vu. Weird hey?

 
At 2:56 pm, Blogger Don Juan said...

Those were big intervals, and short recoveries.
You look a lot faster than a couple of months ago.
I like resigning too.

 
At 9:30 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Great workout on those long intervals. Makes you wonder how you race 5k when 1800m or 2k seems so hard.

When we do stuff like that I'm always knackered by the last one too, the time always seems disappointing. Guess it means we've busted a gut in the earlier ones so it can't be all bad, can it.

Good luck with the new job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home