slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, May 26, 2006

cross training

at the moment i have 2 days off per week - monday and friday. so far i have been taking them as complete rest days, but to be honest i feel a bit crap on those days where i don't do anything. but i can't decide what cross training to do. it would be good to utilise my now redundant but still costly gym membership. i like spin classes - but also feel like i should do some more weights sessions... (or any weights sessions) because i am a complete and utter weakling. i would also like to swim more but have a particularly embarassing problem where the skin around my eyes seems to react to the plastic on goggles and i look like i have been punched in both eyes. its awful!! hmmmmmm

and on yesterdays topic, i had an interview this morning. looking good so far - but we shall see...

5 Comments:

At 3:08 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Ellie, often I hit the gym and just do lots of abs and some easy stuff like squats, then more abs and stretching and maybe more abs and sometimes not even any weights. It mightn't be a tough session but I always feel better just for having done something.

 
At 6:11 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

How about a spin class followed by a few upper body weights exercises?

 
At 9:42 pm, Blogger Katie said...

See Tesso and Cirque will put you in the right direction! How about spin, weights and a swim ;-)

Good luck with your interview!

 
At 10:03 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Spin & upper weights sounds like a good session to me :-)

I see that you are contemplating the Great Nosh next weekend - cool :-)

Owly & I are meeting for a LSD run on Sunday morning at the Bay. Are you interested? Very civilised time of 8.30am. Followed - of course - by breakfast?

 
At 12:33 am, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I am also considering getting back into the gym. After all my running the legs are nice and toned but the rest of me has become a bit...flabby?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home