slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, April 08, 2006

ugh

woke up this morning feeling like i'd been run over by a truck so after about 3 hours sleep rather than going for a run I decided to go for a walk. once i started walking i felt alright and wanted to run a bit cause everyone was running and i wanted to join in. but then i realised that my heart rate was already out of control before i even got out of bed and that running would not help this.

so walking only. however i am counting the 5 hours of dancing last night inbetween about 4 bottles of champagne as exercise.

damn.

EDIT - oh and i forgot to mention that someone suggested that I get an online program from Sean Williams so that I have a bit more structure. I sent him and email and he thinks that I should go along to the Tues and Thurs sessions. However I am a bit scared of those fast kids so i'll have a think about it. i don't mind being a back-of-the-pack runner but i don't want to be the absolute slowest.... although it seems i do my best runs when i am challenged and am not just cruising on my own so it could be a good opportunity to get out of my slow-and-steady comfort zone. hmm... food for thought.

2 Comments:

At 1:35 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

I love having a running schedule...keeps me motivated and on track. If you like I have access to a number of training programs at the store, I can sent you one based on how much you want to run in a week.

 
At 2:33 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Try not to worry too much about running faster Ellie. As you get fitter you will get faster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home