slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

SWEAT-y Tuesday

Well I did it! Got up early and debated how long it would take me to walk down to McKay Oval in Centennial Park. As always I overestimated by about 10 minutes but that was fine because I got to meet another new girl who was just lovely and who runs about as fast as me (hurray!!). (and Hi Jenny if you drop by!).

The session was fantastic and cause we were new Sean wanted us to take it easy. We did two laps to warm up and then some other running warm up things (i don't know how to describe them...). and then we got into the guts of it which was 10 x 400m reps. Sean suggested that we do every second one or 2 and then 1 off. In the end we did 7 out of 10 of them and finished with 3 in a row. Admittedly we were pretty slow (about 2mins! give or take 5 seconds) but i was amazed at just being able to finish. I can see the potential to improve!

But mostly i had a great time! i found that I recovered pretty well and didn't come away needing to spew - but I certainly felt like I worked. It was fun - but that could just be cause I'm new...

Was great to meet a few new CR faces and re-meet some others. Thanks to Mr Lulu and Don Juan and Sparkie and Amjan for being friendly!! And to Lulu for dropping down too, in her fantastic CR shirt.

So i'll be back on Thursday - which sounds like a hard session - but i'm starting to quite enjoy the back-of-the-pack.... excellent view....

E

PS - its nearly Easter!!!! hurray for easter eggs! although it will be a little sad because I will have to buy them for myself cause my mama is back in Perth... but I think i'm ok with that... at least i'll get one of those rabbits made out of that crap red tulip chocolate - to remind me of my childhood. (ok... and last year...)

9 Comments:

At 9:24 am, Blogger Lulu said...

That's great stuff Ellie. Well done on doing 7. It's good fun to be with such a big group. No need to worry about Thursday; you've already done Big Bertha and nothing is worse than that.

 
At 10:03 am, Blogger allrounder said...

good on you ellie...the first step out of your comfort zone is always the hardest...

 
At 10:23 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Good on you Ellie for taking the leap of faith and joining up with Sean's group. I have heard from Vat that he is very good to every runner. Not just the fast ones. Enjoy!

 
At 1:57 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Sounds great Ellie - 7 @ 2min pace is not too shabby at all.

Hope you don't strain your eyes :-)

 
At 2:12 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

don't worry about my eyes - i have had laser surgery :)

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger Don Juan said...

Ellie, nice to meet you and very good to see you join the squad.

You'll be full of beans and jogging home in a few weeks.

 
At 8:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was considering going on Thursday. Now that I know you will be there I will front up for sure.

wt

 
At 12:27 am, Blogger Mandy said...

Aww, it's finally going to let me post a comment!

Good job Ellie..it is definately easier when you have a schedule and a plan.

And yes, I learned about the back of the pack along time ago....

 
At 2:40 am, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Sounds like you are enjoying that a bit more than bootcamp. Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home