slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, December 29, 2006

change of plans

i have made some investments lately... my first pair of stretchy laces for my shoes, and a very pretty pink timex waterproof watch.

in addition - after gnome's comment yesterday I thought - why am I waiting for this triathlon in Feb? Why don't i just do it and get it out of the way? I'm not going to get a whole lot better in a month and no matter what, my first one is going to be a PB! So i just did it. I signed up for the Nepean Triathlon next Sunday 7 Jan. Not the enticer either - the sprint one. 750m swim, 20k ride, 5k run. My goal is sub 2 hours which should be ok. The stretchier goal is 1hr 45. This will still put me right at the back of the pack - but I am telling myself that i don't really mind....

I know that I can do all the distances - the question is whether I can do them all in a row!!

here it is... http://www.nepeantriathlon.com/summer_sprint.html

also planning on doing the CR 5k tomorrow am, the black stump run (maybe.. probably...) 16k version on monday and then this on the next sunday. Its a bit exciting actually.

almost as exciting as the fact that I got to leave work at 2pm today :)

4 Comments:

At 5:05 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo! How excitement :-)

Only wish I could be there to see it...

 
At 8:31 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Yay! I can't wait for the tri race report :)

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Hmmm... You really have difficulty with the idea of dipping a toe in the water, don't you... :-)

You'll have a ball!

Gnome

 
At 11:35 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Good to see you will be soon challenging Miners for who has the better bike pictures/lycra. Good luck with the tri and I'll see you at Black Stump. Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home