slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, December 28, 2006

blah...

crappy morning for me really.

having had a couple of days off i was determined to get back on the bike. i got up bright and early and got dressed and ready. then i needed to pump my tyres up. the morning went downhill from there. i could pump the front one up no worries. however when it got to the back one i started having all those problems i had previously - the pump would just shoot straight off when the pressure got to around 80. It was driving me NUTS!!!! Nothing I did would make it work and eventually i just gave up.

I'm sure it shouldn't be so hard. And I tried everything. So who knows what was wrong. Think I need to go back to the bike shop for some help.

Anyway that completely threw me and just compounded a few things that are bugging me at the moment. I felt (and still feel) a bit overwhelmed. For the moment I am not even sure why I'm bothering with any of it. Plus I'm a bit homesick. I really need a holiday (haven't made more than an extended long weekend in a couple of years now) and a few other things are all adding up to feeling a bit down in the dumps.

i thought i'd feel better if i went out for a run so out i went. didn't feel better after 10 mins so i turned around. was going to walk but thought if i ran i'd get home quicker. all up 20 mins and 3k. greattt...

hoping its just one of those days...

[EDIT - perked up a bit during the day and met sparkie at ABC pool for a swim (mate i did warn you about my punched-in-the-face-impression after wearing goggles!). Ended up doing 1500m. Had lots of issues with my goggles leaking. think that they just aren't the right ones for my face. VERY slow!!!!!!]

9 Comments:

At 8:43 am, Blogger Sparkie said...

Stop being such a drama queen ;->

 
At 10:10 am, Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like you've got post Xmas blues! You'll come around, but I do think a two week holiday is in order. How can you go that long without a decent break?!! I'd go mad.

 
At 10:23 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

i am going mad!!! (in a drama queen kinda way apparently...)

 
At 12:30 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

We all get those days Ellie. Just think, you may have only run for 20 mins, but that 20 minutes longer than you wanted to run for. And 20 minutes longer than most of the rest of the population did.

Hope you start to feel better soon. Listen to some music, it always cheers me up. Try starting with Kate Miller-Heidke's "Blah Blah Blah" :-)

And think, if we didn't get days like that the great ones would just seem average.

Take care.

 
At 2:52 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Very wise words from our Tesso there. At least you didn't give in and do nothing. Fartlek was hard but it was fun.. sort of.. apart from York Hill. Will that damn hill ever get any easier.

 
At 2:54 pm, Blogger R2B said...

As always chin up...i empathise with your situation.

Happy new year,

R2B

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger Jen said...

I hear you on the holiday thing sista. I'm closing in on 2 years. Grrrr

Anyhoo JEL hugs coming your way. See you tomorrow FOR CHOCOLATE! (and yes, I'm yelling!)

Jxx

 
At 9:17 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

El, I've only just got back to blogs after about a month, so apologies for the late comments.

I loved the report on the biathlon. There's no doubt - you are too hard on yourself. That was a great result, and the harbinger of many more.

The year in review brought back memories of our first meeting at the Mothers Day run. You've come a long way baby! :-0 :-)

Finally, rather than starting with the sprint distance at the All Womens, why not think about starting with the enticer distance (250m/10k/2.5k) at Nepean on Sunday week? Wildthing and tiger angel will be there, and you can take it nice and slow and just get a feel for the place and the event before making your 'real' debut at All Womens. (We won't tell if you don't... :-) )

Gnome

 
At 11:06 am, Blogger Cirque said...

20 minutes longer than I did :(

Hope the chocolate helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home