slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, May 11, 2006

wild wally and tangerine tulips

Well i realllllly didn't want to get up and go out this morning. i had a bad attitude when i went to bed and a bad attitude when i got up. for some reason i actually went to sweat training despite all my best intentions :)

Today was Wild Wally - i was down to do only 3 of the 5 reps - no complaining here! i was pretty pleased that i did them (they are about 700m of hills i think) in 3.31, 3.30, 3.27 - so i improved with each one! yay! i want to go back and cross reference with my times from a few weeks ago - i am pretty sure i was up around the 4 min mark. of course that was when i was running on no food, no sleep and quite possibly still had a significant amount of 2 bottles of champagne in my bloodstream. but all good! plus amjan said she thought i was shrinking which was very nice! (thanks amanda!). now another 15 kilos and i am sure i'll go faster!

anyway - work is improving - the person i was doing a hard job for said even she didn't quite understand what we were doing it and that i was doing a good job. i'll hold back on feeling too pleased until i get the red-penned document back...

i also have a pot of gorgeous tangerine tulips that my mum sent me at work. makes me smile every time i see them! (perhaps not as much as getting 12 long stemmed red roses from a spunky boy - but pretty darn good nonetheless!).

i have been having a "niggle" of late on the back of my left knee, on the inside. i feel it mostly after (but sometimes during) a run, often when i am walking with long steps. feels like something is pulling. not sure what but i probably have been getting a bit lax on the hamstring stretching recently - but who knows! i am going to hope for a miracle disappearance - unless anyone has any suggestions?

i need to train my coffee shop what "light" butter on raisin toast means... (ie less than an oil slick...). tastes good though...

9 Comments:

At 9:44 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Tangerine tulips ... they sound beautiful. Got a pic for us?

Best to attack that niggle before it becomes a pain. Trust me, I leant this the hard way more than once. Are you doing lots of stretching? What about a massage? Its worth spending a few $$ just to be sure.

 
At 10:30 am, Blogger vat_man said...

I'd back Tesso's comments and suggest a massage. Give Easy Tiger a go - he trains with SW's evening squad, so as a fellow runner knows his stuff. If he can't sort it (unlikely) he'll be able to recommend a course of action.

 
At 10:32 am, Blogger Katie said...

I am with Tess... nip it in the bud! If it bothering you running it is worh checking out. Even just a massage to loosen it up... Easy Tiger comes highly recommended! If you loose 15 more kgs, you will dissapear!!! You are running well... improving all the time! I am sure you will have a ball on Sunday. I have mothers day breakkie, otherwise I would join you.

 
At 10:53 am, Blogger PortRunr said...

Nice alliterative title!! :)
Yeah, what they said.
So you're saying that fuelling up purely on champagne -didn't- work for you?! Well I won't try that for my long run then...I'll just stick to beer! ;) lol

 
At 11:49 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Well done on getting up and going when your mind was playing tricks.

Go and see Easy Tiger again and he'll fix it. Sounds like a hamstring attachment or adductor so step on the stretching.

 
At 1:49 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

Nice job Ellie..wish I improved that fast!

 
At 6:02 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Tangerine tulips - sounds like a lucy in the sky with diamonds thing... wild wally is probably easier stoned...

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

I have no idea what that naughty 2P means.

I would definitely prefer the tangerine tulips. Boys come and go, but Mums are for ever.

BTW - when you order the raisin taost you can always ask for the butter on the side, then you can control the amount you put on and when the toast is cool it doesn't soak in so much.

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I hurt the back of my knee once when I was overstriding going downhill and was off balance. Hurt for a few days. But yours I would go with what everyone has said, Easy tiger knows best. And he is good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home