slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

1600's

well i am now fully ensconced in the new job. well - fully insofar as i haven't met anyone that i will be working with or seen my office or done any work. i got to leave work at 4.56 yesterday!!!!! and looks like an early close today as well. lucky really given that a full day of computer training really takes it out of you. i am glad i have done this sort of thing before because otherwise i reckon i would really struggle.

and before i go into details about this mornings running i have to express my utter horror about something that happened to me on sunday night. i had gone to bed pretty early and half woke around 10pm thinking i had to get up for some reason. then i felt something that felt like a necklace slipping down my neck. only i didn't have a necklace on. it was really cold and i flicked it from out of my pj top and it went next to my bed. then i was still half asleep and turned the light on to look. couldn't see anything. moved something that was on the floor and there was a MASSIVE COCKROACH that had been crawling down my neck while i slept!!!!!!!! ohmigod!!!!!!!

so needless to say i was then awake. now i only get about one cockroach every few months which is not bad for sydney - but really - what are the odds of it getting into my bed!! anyway i went nuts with the surface spray so may poison myself but i won't be getting any (unwanted) sneaky nightime visitors. ughhhh.

ok now the running. went to sweat this morning and had 3x1600m on the program. managed to do it despite wanting to quit at 1200 in the 3rd one. my times were 8.58, 8.46 and 9.14. i obviously went out way too hard in the second one... mostly cause sean was joking that i didn't look like i was trying hard enough! i was!! i just smile instead of grimace (how weird is that?).

now am sitting waiting for training to commence at 9am... today we are covering the style guide for long documents, the firm specific outlook and telephone and voicemail... yeeha...

9 Comments:

At 9:02 am, Blogger Mandy said...

Wow Ellie, and here I was happy I did 2 miles under 12 each! lol...see, you are speedy....you are going to have to email me to tell me about he new job...oh, I once woke up and had a potato bug crawling across me...it's sort of like a centipede...eek!

 
At 10:41 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Well done on the 1600s. I didn't realise you were doing the last one too when I overtook you otherwise I wouldn't have told you to try and come with me!

It's great having you there and I'm looking forward to running Fartlek with you on Thursday.

I'll email you my address for dinner.

 
At 12:50 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I would have had a heart attack if that happened to me!!!

Great running... the pacing takes practice! See you soon :-)

 
At 2:03 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Ignore what Go Girl said about backing the Cockroaches. How could you after what happened the other night. No Canetoad would ever do something like that!

Well done in the 1600s, any reps over 1k are sooooo tough.

 
At 2:42 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

hmm - are the cockroaches rugby? union or league? i'm an afl girl so need to be taught a bit more about rugby i suspect...

 
At 3:30 pm, Blogger 2P said...

LOL Ellie - cockroaches are generally Newsouthwelshpeople however in this case they were referring specifically to that mongrel breed of cockroach the Rugby League player who dresses in blue and would never enter a young girls bed save in a pack!

Great work on the 1600's Ellie ;-)

 
At 7:40 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

Poor cocky. I bet it thought it was onto a good thing there for a while.

 
At 9:19 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Sean was encouraging you!

Better than a cane toad in your bed I guess.

 
At 11:44 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Now you ignore both Go Girl and Tesso (at least with regards to football - listen to them when it comes to running), and stick with *real* footy. Carn the swannies! :-)

It's great to see your progress and see your confidence grow. We registered for the Mothers Day run today, so we'll see you there. Wear some CR gear :-)

Gnome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home