slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, April 30, 2006

back on the (running) wagon... again...

well thank you everyone for your very supportive and helpful and healthy-perspective giving comments to my last post. i was feeling a bit sorry for myself to be honest. i actually don't feel now like i am all that slow - especially given how much i feel like i have improved. but in any event i need to forget about that at all and remember that i really just enjoy running and enjoy the challenge and the satisfaction that i get when i do it!

so - to that end i have just walked in the door after a run in the domain with the lovely lulu. Lulu had kindly offered to show me the mothers day fun run course -- even though now i am only doing the 4km!. we ran the 4km course and then looped back down to the opera house and back for a combined run of 65min and 10km on the dot! I only had 60 mins on my program but lulu had 65 and i was keen to keep going with her - and i also suspected that 10km was in reach.

so the garth the garmin clocked us at an average of 6m30s pace with 3(three!!!) sub 6 min kms which could have been a garmin misfunction! but it did feel like we did some of it really fast - particularly as we meant to go at 7km per min pace. which means that i am not all that far away from one of my goals for the year which was to run 10km in 60mins. yay!!!!

so i'm excited again! i had been a bit worried that after 4 days of not running i would have completely lost all of my fitness and not be able to make it for that time. silly - but that was what was going through my head. actually that break was probably what helped me get through!

we had a coffee at a gorgeous cafe on clovelly rd and i soaked up the sunshine and fantastic company and am now contemplating going back to bed. i flew in early yesterday morning (6am..) on the red eye flight in order to make my volunteering commitment yesterday - which was subsequently cancelled! i also had a choppy sleep last night so could use a few more hours - especially because of the new job starting tomorrow!! eeek!

thanks again to all you lovely souls who kept me going - it is very much appreciated!

E

11 Comments:

At 11:45 am, Blogger Lulu said...

It was a great run and you definitely kept me going at the end. I think Garth was probably correct, it's easy for the pace to creep up!

Good luck tomorrow and I'll see you soon for more running fun!

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

I think it's time for a Garmin Ellie...I buy myself a watch with each career change! lol...mine really motivates me.

 
At 2:29 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Four days is a good break. You wont lose any fitness from that.

 
At 5:35 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Way to go Ellie, positive all the way. Slow and steady is all good and you are capable of much more :)

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Ellie - but beware of lulu.... she has a bad side ;-)

 
At 12:55 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I was just catching up on your blog.... I think your right keep away form those type of negative people. They just want to drag other people down! Chin up and just keep running! Who cares if you are slow....if you are having fun that is the main thing! Sometimes the best views are form behind ;-)

 
At 12:56 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I was just catching up on your blog.... I think your right keep away form those type of negative people. They just want to drag other people down! Chin up and just keep running! Who cares if you are slow....if you are having fun that is the main thing! Sometimes the best views are form behind ;-)

 
At 2:13 pm, Blogger allrounder said...

hope your new job has gotten off to a good start...that's a good run with Lulu too...well done

 
At 2:37 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

There's nothing wrong with that run!! How could you ever have doubts that you're a runner now :)

 
At 4:16 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Keep running with Lulu and you'll be a sub-60 10k runner Ellie

 
At 8:59 pm, Blogger BethJ said...

GOODLUCK for the 4km Ellie!!! I think that 60min 10km is definately within your reach! I hope the job went well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home