slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, April 16, 2006

sublime

best day EVER for running. it is pretty darn cold but once i started running it was perfect, not a cloud in the sky.

i had 45 minutes on the agenda so i got up early (cause i went to bed obscenely early for a saturday - what a nanna!!). this time i ran around the outside of centennial park which i think is about 7km so given my timing for the run around the bay i figured would give me about 45 mins. i ran a mix of just outside and just inside the fence. i felt pretty good and when i hit the downhill bit at the end i felt like i could keep going forever! but i didn't because i hit 46 minutes. i enjoyed running on the trail-y bit instead of the path - it was kind of fun jumping over the tree roots. that said, i didn't like running through the really sandy bits.

but now i am going to mount a mission to find a shop open to sell me coffee. i'm going to take a punt on woolahra because (a) i can walk there in 5 mins, and (b) there were places open on friday. and i'm bloody well going to have a real coffee instead of that decaf rubbish i've been drinking. just because.

i have a soundtrack in my head today that is making me happy:
- Crazy, Gnarls Barkley (can't get this out of my head!!)
- Watch the Sunrise - Axwell feat Steve Edwards
- Baby Don't Cry - INXS
- Beautiful - India Arie

Happy Easter! :)

6 Comments:

At 10:31 am, Blogger Simlin said...

Sounds like a nice run, I considered running this morning as my sister was heading out for a ride/run! (what? Yes I am crazy) but the 3 degrees outside and the stiffness in my legs told me I should just sit in the sun and relax!

 
At 10:42 am, Blogger Superflake said...

I did that run myself about 8:30 this morning. I love it because there is usually no-one running it and it feels like you are doing a cross country race. Should be some coffee in Woollahra open this morn.

 
At 4:41 pm, Blogger 2P said...

It was a gorgeous morning Ellie - glad you got to enjoy it in such style ;-)

Oooh maybe another trail convert in the making.....

 
At 5:50 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend Easter :) Maybe tonight will be a big one?

 
At 7:21 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Hey!! thanks for all your comments and support in the lead up and post canberra! See you Tuesday!!

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Nice work Ellie glad you enjoyed it!
Well i rarely drink coffee so when i do i want the real stuff,hand ground Italian roasted out of the pot double strength two sugars expresso style...arrrh arrrh arrrh!

Cheers R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home